Frequently asked questions
Here are some FAQs to help with common questions:
1. What native species do you grow?
We specialize in source-identified native plants indigenous to our home province of Ontario, Canada. To date, we've grown well over 500+ species of grasses, wildflowers, ferns, sedges, aquatics, trees, and shrubs suited to all kinds of environments and applications. We routinely have 1,000,000+ plants and 300+ species at different growth stages in production.
2. What formats or sizes options are available?
We supply plants in a variety of different formats based on how and when you need them to be ready for planting:
Contract grow or conservation projects:
- 1- to 2-year plug seedlings (1P or 2P)
- 1-year tranplanted plug or bareroot seedlings (1P + Transplant)
- Herbaceous plants in 4-inch or 9-cm square pots
- Tree or shrubs in 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30 gallon round pots
- Seed mixes in bulk bags
By special order only:
- Live stakes and cuttings by special order only
Please note that plant heights and breadths will vary by species and format. Please let us know in advance if you have size requirements for your project for us to consider.
3. Can I contract grow or pre-order for greater diversity?
Yes, this is often the best way to access the rich diversity of native plants Ontario has to offer. We grow the vast majority of our plants seasonally to be ready for planting in spring and fall based on advanced pre-order or contract grow arrangements. This approach allows us more lead time to grow high quality native plants best suited to your needs and nature.
Read more here or contact us to learn more about options and services.
Please note - Our growers will consider most requests during the fall months based on available seed and resources. If possible, we may also be able to offer seed collection services on a contracted basis.
5. How do I become a Wholesale Customer?
Sign up to become a Wholesale Customer here.
6. How do I place a wholesale order in the short-term?
To fit changing project needs, we're cultivating new ways to bring our wholesale nursery directly to you online. Each season, we will share fresh limited-time-and-quantity available for pick-up or delivery upon request.
To get started:
- You can preview if available wholesale options here and sign up for updates through our mailing list at the bottom of this page.
- To place wholesale orders, apply to access the wholesale store portal. When products are available, our team can typically review and approve your request within one week.
- Once approved, you can draft pre-orders for wholesale quantities and our team will contact you to finalize the details, such as pick-up or delivery.
Need more options? Please let us know and we'll work to find solutions best suited to your project needs.
7. How can I place a wholesale order for bulk seed mixes?
We're working to make our seed mixes available website orders soon. Please stay tuned for more details or get in touch to let us know your project details.
8. When will new plants or seeds be ready?
New plant ready dates will vary by season according to demand and nature-based factors, such as weather conditions. Similarly, seed mixes depend seed harvesting and processing schedules. If you have an order with us, we will contact you as needed to provide more updates.
9. How will I receive my order?
We'll work with you to get your plants and seeds where they needs to go once they're ready.
For wholesale orders, all pick-ups and deliveries must be scheduled in advance. For online orders, options may be provided on checkout based on on the items in your order. Often we will follow up to confirm pricing and more details.
To inquire about special project arrangements, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we currently ship exclusively within Ontario, Canada due to current extended courier processing times.
10. Do you supply retail plants and seeds to homeowners?
Yes, we do! We're currently sowing new seeds in the Ecology Centre retail section of our website. Please stay tuned or sign up for more updates through our mailing list for more details coming soon.
Hey there, looking for more information?
Please let us know by getting in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.