Frequently Asked Questions
We regularly update our FAQs to help with common questions:
1. What native species do you grow?
We specialize in source-identified native plants indigenous to our home province of Ontario, Canada.
To date, we've grown well over 500+ species of grasses, wildflowers, ferns, sedges, aquatics, trees, and shrubs suited to all kinds of environments and applications. We routinely have 1,000,000+ plants and 300+ species at different growth stages in production.
2. What formats or sizes options are available?
We supply plants in a variety of different formats based on how and when you need them to be ready for planting:
- 1- to 2-year plug seedlings (1P or 2P)
- 1-year tranplanted plug or bareroot seedlings (1P + Transplant)
- Herbaceous plants 4-inch or 9-cm square pots
- Tree or shrubs in 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30 gallon round pots
- Bulk Seed Mixes
- Seed Packets (mixed species only)
- Live Stakes and Cuttings (by special order only)
Plant height and breadth will vary by species and format. Please let us know in advance if you have size requirements for your project for us to consider.
3. Can I pre-order to get more plant species?
Absolutely, we believe this is the best way to access the rich diversity of native plants Ontario has to offer. We grow the vast majority of our plants seasonally for spring and fall planting seasons based on advanced pre-order or contract grow arrangements.
This allows us the lead time needed to grow high quality native plants best suited to your needs. As well, certain plants - such as herbaceous species in plugs - may only be pre-ordered at this time.
4. Can I pre-order for future seasons?
Please contact us about your options to advance pre-order or have your plants grown on contract. Our growers will consider new requests for spring during the fall months based on available seed and production space. If possible, we may also be able to offer seed collection services on a contracted basis.
5. How do I place a wholesale order in the short term?
To fit changing project needs, we're cultivating new ways to bring our wholesale nursery directly to you online. Each season, we will share fresh limited-time-and-quantity available for pick-up or delivery upon request.
To get started:
- You can preview if available wholesale options here and sign up for updates through our mailing list at the bottom of this page.
- To place wholesale orders, apply to access the wholesale store portal. When products are available, our team can typically review and approve your request within one week.
- Once approved, you can draft pre-orders for wholesale quantities and our team will contact you to finalize the details, such as pick-up or delivery.
Need more options? Please let us know and we'll work to find solutions best suited to your project needs.
6. How can I place a wholesale order for bulk seed mixes?
We're working to make our seed mixes available website orders soon. Please tay tuned for more details or get in touch to let us know your project details.
7. When will new plants or seeds be ready?
New plant ready dates will vary by season according to demand and nature-based factors, such as weather conditions. Similarly, seed mixes depend seed harvesting and processing schedules. If you have an order with us, we will contact you as needed to provide more updates.
8. How will I receive my order?
We'll work with you to get your plants and seeds where they needs to go once they're ready. For wholesale orders, we'll contact you to schedule appointments for all pick-ups and deliveries. For online orders, options will be provided on checkout based on on the items in your order.
To inquire about special project arrangements, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, during COVID-19, we are shipping exclusively within Ontario, Canada due to current extended courier processing times.
9. Do you supply retail plants and seeds to landowners?
Yes, we do! We're currently sowing new seeds in the Ecology Centre retail section of our website. Please stay tuned or sign up for more updates through our mailing list for more details coming soon.
Hey there, looking for more information?
Please let us know by getting in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.