Ecological restoration services
Our roots are in ecological restoration.
St. Williams Nursery & Ecology Centre started with a focus on ecological restoration for Ontario. To help supply native plants for projects, we began the conservation nursery as it is known today. Our team is highly experienced & qualified in both the science and practice of ecological restoration.
We understand that every project is unique.
Each year, we take on many projects to restore the natural features and functions of degraded ecosystems in urbanized environments, and to support biodiversity conservation and enhancement. We use an adaptive management approach and can combine a variety of services for sustainable, lasting results.
Based on project needs, services we can offer include:
- Detailed site evaluations: Baseline conditions surveys, inventory assessments, and constraints evaluations
- Site preparation: Clearing, grading, and tillage, which may include soil decompaction, scarification, pit and mound creation, or soil amending
- Landscaping services: Seeding, planting, and related services
- Invasive species eradication & weed management
- Maintenance & tending: Ongoing site management, including irrigation, pest management, and prescribed burns
- Project management, costing, design, & planning
- Long-term roadmaps, operational training & public education
Examples of completed restoration work:
Over the past 10+ years, we've been fortunate to take part in many exciting projects and opportunities with our clients and partners like:
1) Habitat restoration for National and Provincial Parks such as Point Pelee National Park, Bruce Peninsula National Park, Rouge Park, and more
2) Supply and services for conservation organizations, including invasive management, site preparation, seeding and planting grasslands, meadows, wetland, and forests
3) Contract grow projects for cities and municipalities across Ontario, including Toronto, London, Mississauga, Sudbury, & Ottawa