Colorado Blue Spruce
A popular evergreen tree with large stout branches and attractive, pointy blue-green needles. It's also relatively low maintenance, hardy, and rugged, making it an excellent windbreak tree.
- Zone: 2-7
- Height: 30-60 feet; 9-18 metres
- Spread: 10-20 feet; 3-6 metres
- Sun: Grows only in full sun
- Moisture: Medium, but adapts to both dry or moist conditions
- Tolerates: Drought, rabbit, deer, air pollution, road salt
- Soil: Grows easily in average medium soils and thrives in rich, moist soils
- Noteworthy characteristics: The Blue Colorado Spruce is named in part for the bluish tinge to its needles. It typically has a strong, central leader, rough gray bark, and a distinctive pyramidal form.