Specific tree and shrub species that root well from cuttings in water or moist soil conditions are available as live stakes (i.e., dormant wood cuttings) or fascines (i.e., living bundled branches). Stakes and fascines can be used to stabilize eroding stream banks and create natural shorelines.
We provides live stakes and fascines from the following species:
- Cornus stolonifera (Red Osier Dogwood)
- Cornus amomum (Silky Dogwood)
- Salix amygdaloides (Peachleaved Willow)
- Salix discolor (Pussy Willow)
- Salix eriocephala (Woolyheaded Willow)
- Salix exigua (Sandbar Willow)
- Salix bebbiana (Bebbs Willow)
- Populus deltoids (Cottonwood)
- Populus balsamifera (Balsam Poplar)
All of the above materials should be used with native seed and plugs to establish site vegetation.